Nexus

Woody’s Drums up Business for Forty Years

Every Friday afternoon, Woody’s Cheesesteaks is packed to its fullest capacity. The restaurant’s proximity to Grady allows students to dash right after school to grab a quick bite to eat to start off their weekend.

Woody’s has been offering cheesesteaks for $6.50 and milkshakes for $3.25 since the restaurant opened in 1975. They also offer cold hoagies and hot dogs for similar prices. Even as new restaurants have opened up nearby over the years, Woody’s has not seen any decline in business.

Sophomore Jacob Greenhill enjoys Woody’s and says it is his go-to restaurant joint, especially on Friday’s and after football games.

“Woody’s is my favorite spot after school,” Greenhill said. “It’s cheaper than other restaurants, and the food tastes better than other locations.”

Greenhill also added that most of his friends go there after school as well and that the location is very welcoming to Grady students.

Sophomore Jordan Thomas often goes to Woody’s on the weekends with his friends.

“It’s a great place to sit out and eat good food and socialize as opposed places like Starbucks where it is mostly quiet and not the best place to socialize,” Thomas said.“I also like how it gets packed, and it’s the best place to ‘tailgate.’”

Woody’s has been serving their food to hungry customers for over forty years, and it doesn’t look they stop will any time soon.